The Governance Facilitators have placed a Governance Poll into the voting system on behalf of the Strategic Finance Core Unit. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, March 13 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote.
- You may vote for a single option.
- You should vote for the option which you prefer.
- If you would accept either option, you should vote 'Abstain'.
The community can vote in this poll to express support or opposition to the following changes:
- Increase the MIP65 (RWA007-A) Debt Ceiling by 750 million DAI from 500 million DAI to 1.25 billion DAI.
With the 750M, US Treasuries will be purchased with maturities equally split over 6 months such that, bi-weekly, a similar amount of US Treasuries mature (i.e. 12 “slots” over 6 months - i.e. 750M/12 = 62.5M per slot).
Please review the discussion thread to help inform your position before voting.
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option then the following actions will be taken:
- This change will be included in an upcoming Executive Vote as the Protocol Engineering Core Unit's schedule allows.
- It is expected that this Executive Vote will take place within 30 days of this poll passing, absent external factors.
- If the Executive Vote passes, then these changes will become active in the Maker Protocol after the GSM Pause Delay has expired.
If the votes for the 'No' option equal or exceed the votes for the 'Yes' option then no further action will be taken at this time.
If you are new to voting in the Maker Protocol, please see the voting guide to learn how voting works.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Maker Operational Manual.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Governance Calendar.