Monthly MIPs Governance Poll - January 18, 2021
The Governance Facilitators have placed the MIP3: Monthly Governance Poll into the voting system. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, January 18 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote. In a binary vote, you may vote for a single option. You should vote for the option which you prefer. Alternatively, if you would accept either of the two options and have no preference between them, you should abstain.
This poll asks whether the bundled contents of this month's Governance Cycle should proceed to an Executive Vote to be held on January 25, 2021. The bundled contents of this poll consist of:
- Declaration of Intent - Governance Communications Domain (MIP13c3-SP7)
- Onboarding Sébastien Derivaux to the Risk Domain (MIP7c3-SP5)
- Onboarding Sam MacPherson to the Smart Contracts Domain (MIP7c3-SP6)
- Onboarding JuanJuan to the Operational Support Domain (MIP28c7-SP2)
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option then the following actions will be taken:
- This MIPs bundle will proceed to the final ratification vote (Executive Vote) in the last week of the monthly Governance Cycle provided the Governance Facilitator(s) confirm a 'yes' outcome of the Monthly Governance Poll on the next Governance and Risk call on January 21, 2021.
- The Executive Vote will be submitted on January 25, 2021 assuming a positive outcome is confirmed by the Governance Facilitator(s).
If the votes for the 'No' option equal or exceed the votes for the 'Yes' option then no further action will be taken at this time.
- Proposals may be resubmitted to the governance cycle up to three times if they are voted down.
MIP3: Governance Cycle describes this type of poll and goes into more detail about its position and significance within the rest of the governance cycle.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.