Ratification Poll for Modify Oracle Core Unit Budget (MIP40c3-SP75) - August 8, 2022
The Governance Facilitators have placed a ratification poll into the voting system as part of the responsibilities defined in MIP51. This Governance Poll will be active for fourteen days beginning on Monday, August 8 at 16:00 UTC.
This is an instant-runoff vote.
- You may rank any number of options that you would support in an executive vote.
- Unranked options signal that you would not support the option(s) in an executive vote.
- If you have no preference to any of the listed options, you should vote 'Abstain' as your first and only choice.
The community may vote in this poll to express support or opposition to MIP40c3-SP75 being accepted and implemented in the Maker Protocol by ranking their support of the following options:
- Option 1: Approve existing budget: 5,061,125 DAI (Business as usual).
- Option 2: Approve proposed budget: 4,554,575 DAI (Reduced budget exempt from further cuts for 12 months).
- Option 3: Reject budget.
A brief summary of this proposal has been provided by the proposal Author and is shown below:
"MIP40c3-SP75 renews the Oracle Core Unit ORA-001 budget from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023."
This budget also includes an updated MKR compensation schedule based on the previously approved MKR budget proposal for this Core Unit.
Please review the links below to inform your position on this proposal before voting.
This poll implements a Minimum Positive Participation value. The Minimum Positive Participation is currently set to 10,000 MKR.
If the votes for Option 1 or Option 2 achieve a majority AND the votes for the winning option exceed 10,000 MKR, then the following actions will be taken:
- The MIP Editors will mark the proposal Accepted and the Governance Facilitators will confirm its passage on the Governance and Risk call on Thursday, August 25.
- Any further work required to implement the proposal will be tasked to the relevant Core Units.
Otherwise, this proposal will be marked as rejected per MIP51.
MIP51: Monthly Governance Cycle describes this type of poll and its position and significance within the rest of the governance cycle.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.