Inclusion Poll for Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling Core Unit MIP Set - May 10, 2021
The Governance Facilitators have placed an inclusion poll into the voting system as part of the responsibilities defined in MIP3. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, May 10 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote.
- You may vote for a single option.
- You should vote for the option which you prefer.
- If you would accept either option, you should vote 'Abstain'.
The community can vote in this poll to express support or opposition to these proposals being included in this month's governance cycle.
This Inclusion Poll MIP Set contains the following MIPs:
- MIP39c2-SP10: Adding Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling Core Unit, SES-001 - Discussion
- MIP40c3-SP10: Modify Core Unit Budget, SES-001 - Discussion
- MIP41c4-SP10: Facilitator Onboarding, SES-001 - Discussion
A summary has been provided by the author of the proposals:
The Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling Core Unit aims to sustainably grow the Maker Protocol’s moats by removing barriers between decentralized workforce, capital, and work.
This decentralized, effective, and scalable economy:
- Has the best and most successful onboarding experience for new participants, with the highest retention rate in the industry.
- Allows everyone to find the capital they need to work on the best projects which (1) optimally drive protocol growth and (2) are most fulfilling for its participants.
- Has resilient safety mechanisms in place that prevent protocol failure while leaving ample space for rapid innovation and experimentation.
Through Opportunity and Risk Assessment, Research, and Incubation Programs, SES aims to provide Sponsorship and Advisory services to grow MakerDAO.
Please review the linked discussion threads to inform your position on these proposals before voting. It was also mentioned and possibly discussed on the Governance and Risk call on May 6, 2021.
This poll implements an Inclusion Threshold. The Inclusion Threshold is currently set to 3,000 MKR.
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option by at least 3,000 MKR then the following actions will be taken:
- The Governance Facilitators will confirm the inclusion of these proposals within the next Monthly Governance Poll on the Governance and Risk call on May 13, 2021.
- The Monthly Governance Poll occurs in week 3 of the Governance Cycle.
If the votes for the Yes' option DO NOT exceed the votes for the 'No' option by at least 3,000 MKR then this proposal will not be included in this month's governance cycle.
MIP3: Governance Cycle describes this type of poll and its position and significance within the rest of the governance cycle.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.