PaperImperium Supplemental Compensation - October 11, 2021
The Governance Facilitators have placed a Governance Poll into the voting system on behalf of the Maker Community. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, October 11 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote.
- You may vote for a single option.
- You should vote for the option which you prefer.
- If you would accept either option, you should vote 'Abstain'.
The community can vote in this poll to express support or opposition to the following changes:
- Transfering 50,000 DAI to recognized delegate PaperImperium as Supplemental Compensation.
PaperImperium has provided the following breakdown for how he intends to use the funds:
10,000 DAI earmarked to be the retainer for legal counsel. This is the amount quoted to me by several high-quality law firms, and I have a specific firm selected, if they will accept me as a client and still have no conflicting current clients.
20,000 DAI earmarked to purchase MKR on the open market within 7 days of receipt. Field Technologies, Inc (my company, and the owner of the delegation contract and through which I conduct all MakerDAO activities) holds less than 5 MKR. I hold no crypto assets outside of Field Technologies, Inc.
2500 DAI earmarked for taxes on the 20,000 DAI to purchase MKR. My effective tax rate is typically around 13%.
17,500 DAI as supplemental income to (partially) offset forgone income from less time spent as a cultural resources consultant (archaeology).
Please review the discussion thread to help inform your position before voting.
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option then the following actions will be taken:
- This change will be included in the weekly Executive Vote on the Friday following the conclusion of this poll.
- If the Friday executive passes, then this change will become active in the Maker Protocol after the GSM Pause Delay has expired.
If the votes for the 'No' option equal or exceed the votes for the 'Yes' option then no further action will be taken at this time.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.