Introduce Rate Limiting into the Flapper - February 7, 2022
The Governance Facilitators have placed a Governance Poll into the voting system on behalf of the Maker Community. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, February 7 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote.
- You may vote for a single option.
- You should vote for the option which you prefer.
- If you would accept either option, you should vote 'Abstain'.
The community can vote in this poll to express support or opposition to the following changes:
- Modify the Flapper-Contract by introducing a rate limit so the protocol can control the amount of parallel running flap-auctions.
Please review the discussion thread to help inform your position before voting.
If you wish to view the current state of this proposed modification, please see this pull request.
To learn more about the Flapper-Contract, please see this technical documentation.
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option then the following actions will be taken:
- This modification to the Flapper will take place in a future executive vote as the Protocol Engineering Core Unit's schedule allows.
- Parameter recommendations for the Rate Limiter will be proposed by the relevant Core Units, requiring a further successful on-chain poll before advancing to an executive vote.
If the votes for the 'No' option equal or exceed the votes for the 'Yes' option then no further action will be taken at this time.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.