Stablecoin Action Plan - November 9, 2020
The MakerDAO Governance Facilitator has placed a governance poll into the voting system on behalf of the Maker Governance community which gives Maker Governance the chance to signal their support for various Stablecoin Action Plan options.
This Governance Poll will be active for 3 days beginning on Monday, November 9 at 16:00 UTC.
Due to the first Stablecoin Action Plan poll failing, we are going wide with the options to figure out what path governance wants to take. This is a broad poll to figure out direction before working out the details.
The options are:
- Do Nothing - Stability Fees remain at 4% for stablecoin vault types, the surplus buffer is not increased as a result of this issue.
- Option 1a - Stability Fees remain at 4% for stablecoin vault types, the surplus buffer is increased to prevent the burning of MKR until the issue is resolved.
- Option 1b - Stability Fees are lowered (but remain above 0%) for stablecoin vault types, the surplus buffer is increased to prevent the burning of MKR until the issue is resolved.
- Option 2 - Stability Fees are lowered for stablecoin vault types (with the goal of setting them to 0% as vaults approach 100% collateralization ratio)
- Option 3 - Stability Fees and Debt Ceiling are lowered to zero for existing stablecoin vault types, new stablecoin vault types are created with 4% Stability Fees.
- Something else - I want to do something not listed here
Please refer to the Stablecoin Action Plan thread for a more detailed explanation and discussion of proposed options.
An option must have over 50% of the vote in order to be considered successful. In the event of no option having a majority, further discussion will take place about how to best move forwards.
If an option has over 50% of the vote, a follow-up poll will be made for the week of November 16, 2020 to determine the schedule and details of implementation.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 16:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.