Interim DAO Budget - February 8, 2021
The Governance Facilitator(s) have placed a Governance Poll into the voting system on behalf of the DAO Autonomous Group. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, February 8 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote. In a binary vote, you may vote for a single option. You should vote for the option which you prefer. Alternatively, if you would accept either of the two options and have no preference between them, you should vote 'Abstain'.
The DAO Autonomous Group has been growing since its inception. We now have 10+ members actively working to move towards the decentralized future of Maker. As our responsibilities have been scaling up, so have our bills. So far, we have been able to cover all significant expenses thanks to the Foundation grants program. However, with the introduction of the community-led PSM this is no longer the case. We believe it is time to take the next step towards the decentralized funding of operations within MakerDAO.
The DAO Autonomous Group has set up a 4-of-5 Gnosis multi-sig wallet which will be administered by the following mandated domain facilitators:
- @LongForWisdom - 0x66f40F044E0e2F77bB746e3275E82e88dCBA2D69
- @Primoz - 0x5d67d5B1fC7EF4bfF31967bE2D2d7b9323c1521c
- @SebVentures - 0x0D61C8b6CA9669A36F351De3AE335e9689dd9C5b
- @juanjuan - 0xFCa6e196c2ad557E64D9397e283C2AFe57344b75
- @hexonaut - 0x18CaE82909C31b60Fe0A9656D76406345C9cb9FB
The multi-sig wallet can be found here. This multi-sig wallet and the funds contained within are owned by Maker Governance but administered by the keyholders listed above. Governance has the power to withdraw all funds back to the Governance-controlled PauseProxy contract at any time. This provides a safety mechanism for lost keys and a way for governance to revoke access to funds in the future.
As of this poll, 52,627.15 DAI will be used to cover previous expenses:
- Quantstamp Audit - 40,000.00 DAI
- PSM / DssGovRewards Development Time - 11,435.70 DAI
- Deployment Gas Expenses - 1,191.45 DAI
The remaining balance will be used to cover ongoing community development costs that the Foundation grants program cannot cover. All payouts from this multi-sig will be cataloged in a publically accessible document.
Please review the proposal thread to help inform your position before voting.
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option then the following actions will be taken:
- A one-time transfer of 100,000 DAI from the Maker Protocol to the aforementioned multi-sig wallet will be included in the weekly Executive Vote on the Friday following the conclusion of this poll.
- If the Friday executive passes, then this transfer of funds will take place after the GSM Pause Delay has expired.
If the votes for the 'No' option equal or exceed the votes for the 'Yes' option then no further action will be taken at this time.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.