The Governance Facilitators have placed a Governance Poll into the voting system on behalf of the Maker Community. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, May 16 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote.
- You may vote for a single option.
- You should vote for the option which you prefer.
- If you would accept either option, you should vote 'Abstain'.
The community can vote in this poll to express support or opposition to the following change:
- Raise the minimum threshold (
min) to trigger the Emergency Shutdown Module (ESM) from 100,000 MKR to 150,000 MKR.
Please review the discussion thread to help inform your position before voting.
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option then the following actions will be taken:
- This change will be included in an upcoming Executive Vote as the Protocol Engineering Core Unit's schedule allows.
- It is expected that this Executive Vote will take place within 30 days of this poll passing, absent external factors.
- If the Executive Vote passes, then this change will become active in the Maker Protocol after the GSM Pause Delay has expired.
If the votes for the 'No' option equal or exceed the votes for the 'Yes' option then no further action will be taken at this time.
Unsure about the Emergency Shutdown Module? Read the technical docs here.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.