Ratification Poll for Modify Dai Foundation Core Unit Budget (MIP40c3-SP74) - August 8, 2022
The Governance Facilitators have placed a ratification poll into the voting system as part of the responsibilities defined in MIP51. This Governance Poll will be active for fourteen days beginning on Monday, August 8 at 16:00 UTC.
This is an instant-runoff vote.
- You may rank any number of options that you would support in an executive vote.
- Unranked options signal that you would not support the option(s) in an executive vote.
- If you have no preference to any of the listed options, you should vote 'Abstain' as your first and only choice.
The community may vote in this poll to express support or opposition to MIP40c3-SP74 being accepted and implemented in the Maker Protocol by ranking their support of the following options:
- Option 1: Base: 723,357 DAI.
- Option 2: Bear Scenario: 667,055 DAI.
- Option 3: Super Bear Scenario: 325,688 DAI.
- Option 4: Reject budget.
A brief summary of this proposal has been provided by the MIP Author and is shown below:
"This Budget Proposal for DAI expenses aims to fund the activities of the DAI Foundation Core Unit (DAIF-001) as described in MIP39c2-SP17 adds Core Unit DAIF-001: Dai Foundation. This budget is necessary to fund DAIF-001 activities in its second budget year."
Note that, given that the previously ratified budget spans three years, rejecting this present budget will not invalidate said budget. Approving this present budget, however, will replace it.
Please review the links below to inform your position on this proposal before voting.
This poll implements a Minimum Positive Participation value. The Minimum Positive Participation is currently set to 10,000 MKR.
If the votes for Option 1, Option 2, or Option 3 achieve a majority AND the votes for the winning option exceed 10,000 MKR, then the following actions will be taken:
- The MIP Editors will mark the proposal Accepted and the Governance Facilitators will confirm its passage on the Governance and Risk call on Thursday, August 25.
- Any further work required to implement the proposal will be tasked to the relevant Core Units.
Otherwise, this proposal will be marked as rejected per MIP51.
MIP51: Monthly Governance Cycle describes this type of poll and its position and significance within the rest of the governance cycle.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.