Management of Velodrome Airdrop and veNFT - June 13, 2022
The Governance Facilitators have placed a Governance Poll into the voting system on behalf of the Maker Community. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, June 13 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote.
- You may vote for a single option.
- You should vote for the option which you prefer.
- If you would accept either option, you should vote 'Abstain'.
The community can vote in this poll to express support or opposition to the following changes:
- Incentivize the DAI<>USDC and DAI<>OP pairs on Velodrome.
- Send the resulting trading fees to the MakerDAO Optimism Governance Address.
For context, MakerDAO will be receiving an airdrop totaling ~1% of voting power to direct emissions on Velodrome.
Please review the discussion thread to help inform your position before voting.
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option then the following actions will be taken:
- The Velodrome team will be directed to this vote and manage the initial Maker voting weight accordingly.
- The management of voting and fees will be turned over to the Pause Proxy at a future date, requiring further changes and fee collecting to be administered by an Executive Vote.
- A Maker Governance contract extension will be deployed on Optimism via an Executive Vote, subject to the Protocol Engineering team's schedule.
- If these Executive Votes pass, then these changes will become active in the Maker Protocol after the GSM Pause Delay has expired.
If the votes for the 'No' option equal or exceed the votes for the 'Yes' option then no further action will be taken at this time.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.