Inclusion Poll for Governance Core Unit (GOV-001) MIP Set - March 8, 2021
The Governance Facilitators have placed an inclusion poll into the voting system as part of their responsibilities as defined in MIP3. This Governance Poll will be active for three days beginning on Monday, March 8 at 16:00 UTC.
This is a binary vote. In a binary vote, you may vote for a single option. You should vote for the option which you prefer. Alternatively, if you would accept either of the two options and have no preference between them, you should abstain.
The community can vote in this poll to express support or opposition to these proposals being included in this month's governance cycle.
This MIP Set contains the following MIPs:
- MIP39c2-SP3: Governance Core Unit - GOV-001
- MIP40c2-SP3: Core Unit Budget - GOV-001
- MIP41c4-SP3: Core Unit Facilitator Onboarding - GOV-001
Please review the linked discussion threads to inform your position on these proposals before voting. It was also mentioned and possibly discussed on the Governance and Risk call on March 4, 2021.
This poll implements an Inclusion Threshold. The Inclusion Threshold is currently set to 3,000 MKR.
If the votes for the 'Yes' option exceed the votes for the 'No' option by at least 3,000 MKR then the following actions will be taken:
- The Governance Facilitator(s) will confirm the inclusion of these proposals within the next Monthly Governance Poll on the Governance and Risk call on March 11, 2021.
- The Monthly Governance Poll occurs in week 3 of the Governance Cycle.
- These proposals will only continue to the Monthly Governance Poll if the Core Unit MIP Set is also included.
If the votes for the Yes' option DO NOT exceed the votes for the 'No' option by at least 3,000 MKR then this proposal will not be included in this month's governance cycle.
MIP3: Governance Cycle describes this type of poll and its position and significance within the rest of the governance cycle.
Additional information about the Governance process can be found in the Governance section of the MakerDAO community portal.
To participate in future Governance calls, please join us every Thursday at 17:00 UTC.
To add current and upcoming votes to your calendar, please see the MakerDAO Public Events Calendar.